Samantha is an MT-BC (music therapist, board certified). For more information on music therapy, please visit http://www.musictherapy.org.
Current Music Therapy – Inspired Project:
I’m currently a part of an exciting collaboration with Barbara Dunn, PhD, LICSW, MT-BC called Common Sounds. Common Sounds uses music and conversation to build bridges between people who have different political opinions, spiritual backgrounds, and/or ideology. The work draws upon Music Therapy and Conflict Transformation- specifically Barbara’s research in how music can support us in transforming conflict. It is a direct response to the divisiveness in today’s political climate. Please check out our website at http://www.commonsounds.net. Check out a blog about Common Sounds written by Samantha here!
Music Therapy Clinical Experience
Contractor, American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, WI through the Integrative Health
Samantha developed a music therapy program for American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin. The program went live in January 2017. Between January 2017 and July 2019, Samantha made over 800 patient visits. The program continued, and expanded to a full-time position, after Samantha moved to Washington State.
Samantha has been featured in News Stories and Articles based on her work at AFCH. Click Here to see a story by WKOW in Madison, WI.
Self-Employed, Co-Creator of “Yoga and Music Therapy for PTSD and Chronic Anxiety”
Samantha collaborated with a yoga instructor on a class for women who have experienced trauma and/or chronic anxiety. The class focused on both trauma sensitive yoga and music therapy interventions to encourage improved self-regulating skills and empower participants to befriend their bodies.
Musical Fingers, LLC
Samantha brought Music Therapy services and adaptive music lessons to children with special needs. She traveled to their homes and worked with them one-on-one to accomplish individualized goals. http://musicalfingers.org/home/
Family and Community Services: Valor Home and Freedom House
Samantha worked at both Valor Home and Freedom House where she carried out Group Music Therapy for Veterans. These veterans, who were previously homeless, attended weekly Music Therapy as a part of their rehabilitation.
Whidbey General Hospital
Samantha completed her clinical internship in 2013 where she brought individual and group music therapy to:
- Home Health Care and Hospice
- Inpatient Medical/Surgical
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Intensive Care Unit
Samantha has presented at state and regional music therapy conferences as well as for other local organizations
- 2020: Fairhaven College “An Introduction to Music Therapy”
- 2018: Co-presenter at National American Music Therapy Association, “Common Sounds- music as a bridge builder in a divided and conflicted world”
- 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Integrative Medicine Program “An Introduction to Music Therapy”
- 2016: Alverno College Music Therapy Program, Presentation for Current Students
- 2014: Merging Hearts Holistic Center, “Music for Meditation and Raising Vibration”
- 2014: Ohio Metaphysical Society, “Music for Meditation and Raising Vibration”
- 2013: Western Region Music Therapy Association, “The Power of Live Music for Guided Relaxation/Meditation: Loop Pedal Edition”
- 2011: Association of Ohio Music Therapists, “The Power of Live Music for Guided Relaxation/Meditation: Loop Pedal Edition”
To contact Samantha about Music Therapy or Presentations, please e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org