Samantha is an MT-BC (music therapist, board certified). For more information on music therapy, please visit http://www.musictherapy.org.
Music Therapy Clinical Experience
Contractor, American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, WI through the Integrative Health
Samantha developed a music therapy program for American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin. The program went live in January 2017. Since then, Samantha has made over 300 patient visits.
Self-Employed, Co-Creator of “Yoga and Music Therapy for PTSD and Chronic Anxiety”
Samantha collaborated with a yoga instructor on a class for women who have experienced trauma and/or chronic anxiety. The class focused on both trauma sensitive yoga and music therapy interventions to encourage improved self-regulating skills and empower participants to befriend their bodies.
Musical Fingers, LLC
Samantha brought Music Therapy services and adaptive music lessons to children with special needs. She traveled to their homes and worked with them one-on-one to accomplish individualized goals. http://musicalfingers.org/home/
Family and Community Services: Valor Home and Freedom House
Samantha worked at both Valor Home and Freedom House where she carried out Group Music Therapy for Veterans. These veterans, who were previously homeless, attended weekly Music Therapy as a part of their rehabilitation.
Whidbey General Hospital
Samantha completed her clinical internship in 2013 where she brought individual and group music therapy to:
- Home Health Care and Hospice
- Inpatient Medical/Surgical
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Intensive Care Unit
Samantha has presented at state and regional music therapy conferences as well as for other local organizations
- 2016: Alverno College Music Therapy Program, Presentation for Current Students
- 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Integrative Medicine Program “An Introduction to Music Therapy”
- 2014: Merging Hearts Holistic Center, “Music for Meditation and Raising Vibration”
- 2014: Ohio Metaphysical Society, “Music for Meditation and Raising Vibration”
- 2013: Western Region Music Therapy Association, “The Power of Live Music for Guided Relaxation/Meditation: Loop Pedal Edition”
- 2011: Association of Ohio Music Therapists, “The Power of Live Music for Guided Relaxation/Meditation: Loop Pedal Edition”
Samantha was featured on the kentwired.com for her presentation at the Ohio Metaphysical Society, “Music for Meditation and Raising Vibration”. Check out the coverage here: http://www.kentwired.com/latest_updates/article_007eacd4-bcf9-11e3-8697-001a4bcf6878.html
To contact Samantha about Music Therapy or Presentations, please e-mail her at email@example.com