Summary of Sam’s Teaching:
Sam Sinai’s main goal as a teacher is to empower her students to become more independent and confident as musicians and as people. Sam enjoys meeting each student where they are and finding creative ways to relay information and inspire them to grow. She believes that it is important for every student, no matter the level, to have a balance of technical study on the instrument and inspiring music-making experiences. Sam encourages her students to find their voice within the music, to express from the heart. She is knowledgeable about posture and healthy body alignment and incorporates this knowledge into lessons to ensure her students are on a path towards playing with ease.
“Sam took me, as an adult student, from a total beginner (“can I make any decent sounds on this cello?”) to a place where I love my cello and the continuing challenges of learning to play this beautiful instrument.”
“I like seeing her because she makes everything fun and not boring. She is a nice person. She makes the cello easy to learn and she has a lot of tricks to help you remember notes.”
-10 year old Student
- Cello Teacher, Heid Music in Madison, WI http://www.heidmusic.com/lessons/madison/orchestra/
- Cello Teacher, Joyful Noise Neighborhood Music School in Cleveland, Ohio
- Cello Teacher, Private Studio in Detroit, Michigan
- Guitar, Ukulele, Piano, Voice, Exploratory Music Teacher, Click Music in Oak Harbor, Washington
- Cello Teacher, Baldwin Wallace Summer Music Institute Technique Classes
- in individualized, inclusive education.
- all students are capable of reaching their goals
- in making it possible for everyone to make music from the start, even if the student is a beginner
- it is up to the teacher to find out how to best teach to each individual and it is up to the parents and the students to practice diligence to achieve success
- learning music is more than just learning music..
To contact Samantha about lessons, please feel free to e-mail her: email@example.com